Sunday, 4 March 2007

In the beginning...

I never thought it would come to this - the kids I teach are teaching me.
After attending a conference entitled "Learning@School" in Rotorua, NZ - I have come to accept that the sites I am trying to keep the kids away from during class, are in fact the type of sites I am now going to embrace to encourage the students to enteract and learn...

Sites like bebo.com have in the past been a real problem in the classroom - kids constantly trying to enteract with their peers and not doing their class work. So now my school, and other sister schools have joined the masses and created a cluster aimed at utilising these tools to encourage the kids to contribute, and more importantly - learn.


This blog is to keep a record of the process I am about to start tomorrow morning while attending our first cluster meeting with 5 other schools. I am taking four of my colleagues with me to share the adventure!

Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

ictteacher said...

What an exciting journey we are about to embark on. I agree with Simon, the amount of energy we waste preventing our students from accessing "social" websites could instead be used to teach them how to use these sites appropriately - since they are here to stay! As Maori boarding schools we have a unique common culture. Despite the fact our students are with us 24/7, they are still racing ahead of us with technology. Lets bond together and move forward with these wonderful new web2 tools.

Anonymous said...

Rosetta Stone
Rosetta Stone Outlet
Rosetta Stone V3
Rosetta Stone
Rosetta Stone Outlet
Rosetta Stone V3